The company is a purpose driven business providing property for vulnerable adults to create places that function as specialist environments but feel like home. They are a best-in-class developer, providing a range of accommodation types across the UK. Working collaboratively with the Local Authorities and Care Providers, they deliver projects up to £15 million.
The business has completed 20+ projects over the last 2 years with 25+ projects in the pipeline, with the right individual being used to working as part of a fast-paced small team leading on a large volume of projects simultaneously.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of a high-quality growing team of experienced care development professionals as they continue their growth plan into 2024.
The business is based in Yorkshire and the role covers development projects across the UK so the individual will be required to travel on a regular basis. The position is flexible but the business would like the Director to have a presence in either it's Yorkshire or Derbyshire office once a week.
As the Development Director, you will lead construction activities for the business assisting with site assessment & financial feasibility to delivery and post-construction/ closeout phase. You will also be tasked with business growth and strategy planning alongside the wider senior leadership team.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
For this role you we seek an individual who possess the following;
* Prior experience working for a care developer (preferred)
* Hold a construction or real estate related degree and or a property construction professional body qualification (preferred).
* Experience with working with local authorities and planning departments
* Experience of the design process
* Hold Quantity Surveying experience and strong negotiation skills dealing with contractors and professionals.
* Strong technical knowledge of current design, procurement & construction technology
* A self-managing individual who is used to working on multiple projects simultaneously at a high pace.
* A good understanding of assisted living/care requirements and needs (this is a nice to have).
* A strong leader with a proven ability to grow and develop teams
* Experience of cost management and budgetary control
* Previous experience working on cut and carve, refurbishment and new build care developments up to £15 million
* A good communicator, able to deal with a range of people, tasks and obligations
* Well organised, self-starter, able to implement procedures and effectively manage all aspects of the works
* Commercial knowledge and ability to negotiate terms with a range of parties
* Have a thorough understanding and ability to input into all processes of the design and specification and construction phase wor