Our client an award-winning Main Construction Contractor that has a track recording of delivering high quality projects in a variety of different sectors including Hospitality, Commercial and Retail. It is a business that is financially stable, employee driven and has secured consistent repeat business from large blue-chip clients retaining a large order book of projects going into 2024.
As an experienced Accounts Administrator, you will be operating within the accounts department to help deliver smooth and efficient accounting tasks. The successful candidate would be responsible for ensuring accuracy and compliance of all financial documentation whilst working collaboratively with the wider business.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
For this role you must possess the following;
* Previous experience working as an Accounts Administrator for a Construction Contractor
* Proficient in using Sage 50 (Essential)
* Strong organisational and multitasking skills with exceptional attention to detail.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for construction projects.
* Record and reconcile financial transactions, including invoices, payments, and expenses.
* Monitor accounts payable and receivable, ensuring timely payments and collections.
* Collaborate with Project Managers to track and analyse project costs.
* Prepare and maintain project cost reports, providing insights into budget variances.
* Assist in forecasting project expenses and revenue.
* Liaise with vendors and subcontractors to ensure accurate billing and payment processing.
* Address any billing discrepancies or issues in a timely manner.
* Communicate professionally with clients regarding billing inquiries and payment status.
* Generate regular financial reports, including profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
* Compile financial data for management review and decision-making.
* Assist in the preparation of financial statements for audits or regulatory compliance.
* Ensure compliance with accounting principles, industry standards, and company policies.
* Maintain organized and complete financial documentation for auditing purposes.
* Stay updated on relevant accounting regulations and standards.
* Provide administrative support to the finance department, including filing and data entry.
* Assist in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
This is a Permanent Position with a competitive salary on offer (£22,000 - £27,000 per annum) for the successful candidate. For more information or to apply please contact Sam Hunter - Principal Consultant - 07539 430 37