Senior Quantity Surveyor
A leading construction main Contractor committed to delivering high-quality projects across various sectors. With a strong emphasis on innovation, sustainability, and client satisfaction, they have established themselves as a trusted partner in the construction industry. Their diverse portfolio includes residential, commercial and industrial projects up to £5 million showcasing their expertise and dedication to excellence.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will play a pivotal role in the successful delivery of construction projects by overseeing cost management, contractual agreements, and financial control throughout the project life cycle.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
* Construction related qualification ideally a degree in Quantity Surveying
* 8+ years proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor working for a Main Contractor, with a focus on delivering new build and refurbishment projects up to £5 million.
* Strong knowledge of construction contracts and relevant legislation.
* Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
* Conduct thorough cost analysis and provide strategic advice on cost optimization.
* Monitor and control project costs throughout the construction process, identifying potential risks and implementing effective mitigation strategies.
* Manage and negotiate contractual agreements with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
* Review and analyse contract terms to ensure compliance and mitigate potential risks.
* Provide expert advice on contractual matters and dispute resolution, working closely with legal and project teams.
* Implement robust financial control measures to track project expenditures and ensure financial objectives are met.
* Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reports to senior management.
* Collaborate with the finance team to streamline invoicing processes and optimize cash flow.
* Undertake detailed quantity surveys, measurement, and valuation of work packages.
* Assess variations and claims, ensuring fair and equitable settlements.
* Collaborate with project teams to forecast and manage costs associated with changes in project scope.
* Provide leadership and mentorship to junior quantity surveyors, fostering a collaborative and high-performance team culture.
* Collaborate effectively with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure seamless communication and project delivery.
This is a Permanent position with a competitive salary (£55,000 - £65,000 + Package) on offer for the successful candidate. For more information or to apply please contact Sam Hunter - Principal Consultant - 07539 430 376