Our client is a dynamic and innovative Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Contractor specializing in Cat A and Cat B office fit-outs. With a commitment to excellence, they pride themselves on delivering high-quality, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions for their clients. As they continue to expand operations, they are seeking an Experienced Mechanical Estimator to join their team. This is a hybrid position with the company asking for presence in the office once a week.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
For this role you must possess the following;
* Proven experience as a Mechanical Estimator in the M&E industry, with specific experience in Cat A and B office fit-outs up to £2m
* Commercial knowledge and ability to negotiate terms with a range of parties
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
* Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, construction methods, and materials.
* Proficiency in estimating software and tools.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Effective communication and negotiation skills.
As the Mechanical Estimator, you will play a crucial role in the pre-construction phase of their projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing competitive tenders in order to secure mechanical packages on commercial projects ranging in value from £50k - £2 million.
* Conduct thorough and detailed analysis of mechanical project requirements for Cat A and B office fit-outs.
* Prepare accurate cost estimates for mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection, considering materials, labour, and equipment costs.
* Collaborate with the project management and engineering teams to gather essential project information.
* Prepare comprehensive and competitive bid proposals for submission to clients.
* Collaborate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain competitive quotes and negotiate pricing.
* Ensure bid submissions are timely and comply with project specifications and requirements.
* Analyze and compare actual project costs with estimated costs to identify areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
* Provide feedback to the project team for continuous improvement in estimating accuracy.
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors and subcontractors to ensure competitive pricing and reliable partnerships.
* Evaluate and negotiate subcontractor and supplier agreements.
* Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and pricing to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace.
* Provide insights into potential risks and opportunities associated with market changes.
This is a Permanent position with a competitive salary (£45,000 - £55,000 + Package) on offer for the successful candidate. For mo